Fundamental Principles of the Pro-Life Cause
We envision an America committed to our nation’s Declaration Principles, which are based on God’s Word, that all human beings are endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to life from fertilization to natural death.
Our Mission Statement
We seek to restore a culture of life in America. We seek to protect innocent human life from fertilization to natural death when threatened by surgical or chemical abortion, euthanasia or embryonic stem cell experimentation. We oppose the cloning of human beings. We are committed to ethical and peaceful means to end the injustice of all manner of abortion, euthanasia, cloning, and embryonic experimentation that destroys human life. With compassion, we seek to provide resources to help pregnant women and their children. We seek to end legalized abortion as quickly as possible and to significantly reduce abortions until that is accomplished.
Our Core Values and Beliefs
- We affirm the scientific fact that “human being” and “person” are synonymous and that a unique individual comes into existence at the moment of fertilization, i.e., the fusing of the sperm and the egg.
- We believe that all human beings, from fertilization to natural death, are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, and that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.
- We believe the intentional killing of children in the womb, the killing of born persons of all ages by euthanasia, and the intentional destruction of human embryos are morally, acts of murder.
- We believe that Christ has commissioned and empowered the Church to tear down the gates of Hell that sustain the abortion industry. We proclaim the truth that if God’s will for justice is to prevail, Christian pastors, leaders, and congregations must repent of their silence, and speak and act to end the abortion holocaust.
- We believe and promote the truth that the beauty of sex is given by God for procreation, intimacy, and pleasure in the marriage covenant between a man and a woman and therefore affirm abstinence and sexual purity before marriage and fidelity within marriage.
- We believe that children are a blessing and wealth from God and we encourage others to embrace this truth.
- We promote adherence to God’s created order concerning procreation and oppose the use of artificial means to violate that order.
- We believe the local church should provide spiritual and material help to pregnant women who are facing a crisis pregnancy.
- We believe the forgiveness of God is available to all who repent, including those who have aborted their children or have been accomplices in abortions. Therefore, the local church must also extend hands of healing and help to them.
The Fundamental Principles of the Pro-Life Cause, a concise statement of Vision, Mission, Core Values and Beliefs for all pro-lifers, were drafted in April 2008 by 21 pro-life leaders and activists from across America.